Two-Ball Circulation Tool
Boosts circulation rates in holes with long liners and small-ID strings
• Mud conditioning operations where no liner top is available to accept
the set-down weight required to operate mechanical circulation tools
• Flushing blowout preventer(s) when pulling a drilling bottomhole
assembly out of hole
Features and Benefits
• The tool is simple to operate and withstands any environment.
• A large flow area significantly reduces pump pressures seen when
pumping to the liner.
• Multiple subs can be run to enable more than one open and close
cycle, which increases displacement flexibility.
The CLEAN TBCT two-ball circulation tool (TBCT) provides a simple, effective
way to boost circulation rates where pressure restrictions are caused
by long liners and small ID strings. This simple ball-activated sub can be
positioned in the string above the liner top. One operating ball is used to
open the sub to the annulus, which enables increased pump rates that aid
hole cleaning and mud conditioning. Once the operation requiring high
pump rates is completed, the sub can be closed by dropping the second
ball, which closes the tool and resumes flow to the bit.